Friday, December 30, 2005

psssst!

I'm going to Mexico in TWO DAYS!

Tonight, I get to pack. Those of you who know me well, know I loves to pack for trips! There are weeks of figuring out the right configuration of clothing. Then there are the lists, the sketches...the trying on of all the outfits. When weather permits, I do trial runs of the outfits to work to make sure they are going to be comfortable for an all day wearing. :) I'm a nerd, I know. A bit on the OCD side? Yes. But, isn't that what makes me lovable?

So this week, because I've already done our laundry for the trip and didn't want to have to do it again, we've been wearing things that make me wonder why we have them in our closet. Actually that's not completely true. I kind of told a lie. We are wearing sweaters and things that work in the cold weather because where we are going, you don't wear wool!!!

You'd think I was excited or something...

so, the list as it still stands:
1. empty camera memory stick and charge it. (if I could find the stoopid charger and cord to empty it I would. Kev put them somewhere)
2. redo the mani and the pedi. (going to strike through this now so I don't goof them up in a few minutes)
3. pack our suitcases, setting out the outfits for the plane ride on our dressers. (mine is done, Kev's is still in the car from when Jill borrowed it MONTHS ago...)
4. reassure the animals that we love them and they'll have a blast with their Uncle Joe.
5. get stack of books ready to be packed.
6. get birth certificates in proper place.
7. make sure we have confirmation number with us.
8. put suitcases by door because 4:45 is going to come REALLY early on Sunday morning.
9. go grocery shopping to stock house for Joe.
10. amend Joe's list so it includes the issue that he may have to be on corpse removal duty as well as keeping the house standing while we are gone.
11. write up a yoga practice to take with. will just make it up as I go...many sun salutations and twists to aid in digestion!
12. run a quick html test.
13. buy new white tee shirt at Gap.
14. buy another ball of yarn for flight (just spoke with a flight attendant who gave me the green light on knitting needles). (not sure if I will get a chance to do this, already have the current project packed and ready to go so I may just read and knit the one scarf I'm working on currently)
15. make sure to give keys to Joe!!!
16. take down Christmas tree.

Can't think of anything else now, but sure there will be more that sprouts up...

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

You make your mother and me so proud. Such organization. We have just finished some re-organization of our own. Undecorating the Christmas stuff. It took a whole lot less time putting it away than it did putting it up.

I look forward to some photos of your trip. We were going through our digital photos in the computer and discovered some of you and Kevin on you last trip to Mexico.

Drink some Margaritas for us.

Love,

Dad

PlazaJen said...

Yay for vacations! and knitting! Have a splendid time & forget about everything that's superfluous, and focus only on the super. :)

Chickie said...

Have a Great trip!

bronxbt said...

ahhh yesh. Organization.. is such an adorable load of Hooey.

Giggle.
Panic. Pack, unpack, reorganize, realize afterwards that something you need now is packed! Unpack again! Repack!

Woot woot!
You two be safe, have fun, party like it's 1999... oh yeah,
OMGYERGOINGTOMEXICO!

:)
~ mr puddins