Friday, December 09, 2005

i'm done


Well, it took me quite some time but I finally finished my very first scarf. I figured out how to bind off all on my own (with the help of my friend the internet- and Jenn here in town who was the one who showed me how to do everything I've learned thus far).

I called her to get help with the very last bits.

Me: You are going to be sooooo proud of me!"

Her: I'm always proud of you.

Me: Yeah, but I finished! I figured out how to bind off!

Her: It's easy, isn't it?

Me: Yeah, except, what do I do at the very very end?

She went on to giggle and explain what I needed to do and now, now I have a completed scarf and it's around my neck right now and I'm having a really cute hair day and...

Oh hell, just tell me what you think!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the scarf! It's cute.

bronxbt said...

beautiful!

Scarf's not bad either...

giggle.

- mr puddins

k said...

you are the master of the self portrait, Shanny! Probably easier cos you're so damn pretty. :D

My mom tried to teach me to knit a couple years ago, but we both got frustrated cos I'm a lefty. I need to suck it up and just learn to do it like everyone else--less grief in adjusting patterns and whatnot, I'm told. At any rate, your scarf is beautimous. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. More photos!

shannon said...

Bekah- thanks. I love it! It is so damn warm!!!

mr puddins- awwww *blushing* thanks.

Kerri- angle, it's all about the angle. You'd make some pretty damn good self portraits too (you are also very damn pretty!). Practice is the other key...

PlazaJen said...

It looks awesome!!!! WAY TO GO! Now you'll have to knit Kev one!

Amanda said...

It's lovely! And that's a great picture of you, btw. You're looking extra luminous today!

Jack K. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It looks good because it is on you and you did it.

Keep up the good works. Isn't it nice to have friends who will help you in a "bind"?

Love,

Dad

Persico said...

I'm very jealous that you know how to knit.