Thursday, October 20, 2005

wow, three in one day!!! can you handle it reggie?!?!

I just sold a pair of shoes to a woman. She's been in before and I remembered her, although the name had escaped me. Last time she'd come in she was alone. Tonight, she had her husband (?) with her. He looked vaguely familiar. As she was paying he was standing next to her and looked at me with an odd look on his face. He said, "Did you work somewhere over on 23rd before? You look familiar." I explained that I had worked over on 23rd about a million years ago (okay, more like four and a half) and that he had a great memory. He said he thought I seemed familiar.

I had another person do this to me and what really surprised me is she remembered my name! I used to get coffee from her at what used to be called Aphrodite. It is no longer that, I'm not really sure what it's called anymore and now that Coffee Plant is in my world I honestly don't care anymore. :) That one, freaked me out a bit. Cool, but odd since I'm always the one with the crazy memory. I have frightened a customer or two by remembering slight details about conversations we'd had or what not when they'd been in... two years prior...

No comments: