Thursday, September 08, 2005

yelling? really?

Wow. I'm sitting here in the quiet of my store (okay, really bad radio is on) and all of a sudden I hear a woman yelling (can't hear her words, just the fact that she's not happy and the world needs to know). I look out at the parking lot in front of my store (really it's the street but at this time of night is a parking lot) and a woman in her maroon mini van is hanging out the driver's side window making wild gestures and yelling at the person ahead of her (who is also stopped by the same traffic light she and every other car on the street is). I didn't see what led to the yelling, but really? Yelling? Over something NOBODY has control over? Makes you think.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

Ah, the awesome sight of a building case of road rage. I know the feeling well. When Hoc Sieu and Amina were visiting we were taking them somewhere in the Kansas City area. While driving in the van I could see that our lane was required to merge left.

Now it seems to me that a left turn signal and slowly, very slowly ( one MPH ) merging to the left would indicate that something is going to happen, i.e., I'm moving left. There was a lot of traffic moving through the construction zone.

Guess what? This woman took exception to my moving over and managed to move her small Chevy Cavalier ahead of the van. No problem for me, but she had a conniption. We hadn't gone 20 feet when we had to stop. She actually got out of her car and made some nasty comment. I guess she thought better of doing anything else, because she got back in and inched away like the rest of us.

Nothing like a case of road rage to get our juices flowing.

Love,

Dad