Friday, June 17, 2005

book

I have now finished Carl Hiaasen's "Skinny Dip". It was a great book, like all his others I have read. He takes you on twists and turns that you think might be coming up, but you don't know how he will arrive at that exact moment. And then it starts happening and you can't put the damn thing down! That's pretty much what happened last night, although as it neared 12:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open and I put the book down with FOUR PAGES LEFT!!! Needless to say, the book is done now.

I am always sad when I finish a really good book. I think it's because it's something I'd spent time with and the characters are in my head that when it's time to say bye it's hard. I like authors who have reccuring characters in their books so I can revisit with old friends.

Slowly the time is drawing near for me to get off this computer so that I may make my lunch and wait for my bus to take me to work. I will be doing some training this afternoon. She's coming in at 3 and staying with me until close. Tomorrow she'll come in and open. I figured it would be in her best interest to have her learn how to open and close my shop since she is the floater and may just get called in to work my store...I digress (surprised, aren't you?).

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

I'm glad that you are so interested in reading. There are some really wonderful characters who turn into friends.

Sounds as though you are doing some great things as a manager, too.