Saturday, July 26, 2003

Okay, we finally made it over last evening and did more painting of the kitchen cabinet doors. One coat of primer and three of paint later and we have the bottom doors done. The top got a coat of primer last night and Kev is over there as I type putting the paint on. (I'm not ditching out, I am at work right now...sorry Ahmed)

Kev has gotten quite energized about this move now. He is going to get a suv of some sort today so he can start taking boxes over today while paint is drying. He will pick me up at 6:00 so we can go, yet again, to the Home Depot (or Home Deep-hole as my friend Tanya calls it) so we can get the knobs. I must thank my dear Mom for the template idea!! Spoke with her this morning and she said, "I saw something on HGTV that might be helpful to you when you are installing your knobs..." Basically they made a template so your knobs would end up at the same place on each door. Thank you Mom!!! We will try to get them on tonight, if the paint is dry enough, and hang the doors tonight as well.

We have the troups coming tomorrow morning (Thank you Brandon, Pat, Merek, and Chuck-if you show). It should not be too tough, and the help is much appreciated!!!

The kitties, Simon and Chloe, will be heading over to Auntie Candace's apartment tomorrow morning so they won't get out when we are unloading the place. It's good to have good friends. I will miss them all dearly!! But, we are only moving across town.

Met one of our new neighbors last night, seems like a nice guy. Name is Juan, has only had his house for two months now and we spoke of a new fence between the properties. He asked how it was going and all I could do was groan and indicate we were STILL painting. He laughed and joked with me about him still doing much of the same.

This is all for now, dear friend. Nothing too exciting, but then again it is very exciting for us.

No comments: