Saturday, December 03, 2005

being sneaky

So I just had a guy and his girlfriend/wife in the store. He popped out from one of the clog sections holding a shoe asking if I had it in a size 38. We looked over and she'd already had it on her foot. Well, you guessed it, it was a Christmas gift for her. She said that they would be back in an hour which made me laugh and tell her to go wait outside because I close at 6:00. She ran to get coffee and he and I boxed up the shoes. However, we didn't use the box from the same company or even from the pair of shoes. AND I put in a total amount of Dansko GOODIES!!! She's gonna be so surprised when she gets socks, a coin purse, a little tee shirt, a notebook and pen...

CRAP! She just popped her head into the store to see if he was still here. I made up some story about him going somewhere else and that he was doing what guys like to do, being sneaky. :)

I love the holidays. It allows me to help men find really fun things for their loved ones and surprise them...sometimes.

No comments: