Tuesday, August 12, 2003

computer woes

We had issues with our internet connection the past few days. Don't know why it has started now, since we have had the modum linked up for more than a week and a half. Kev called and I guess we have to reregister our modum...again, don't know why now.

Anyway, I got the house cleaned yesterday. I scrub-a-dub-dubbed all day. Got things straightened up and put our computer discs in their new home (a great cabinet from Jill!). Everything looks showroom ready, for now. Give us a day or two and we'll have it looked lived in again (especially when Reggie gets back from Spokaned tomorrow).

Once again, our neighbor has proven he is a good man. Kev left the lights on in the car when he got home last night, and Juan was over to let us know. Such a nice guy!!! I can't wait to get our grill (thank you Uncle Ahmed) so we can have our neighbors over for a cookout. I think it is always fun to spend time with new people eating good food and drinking good drink. It allows you to enjoy many things at once.

Although I am glad I took Saturday off to go up to Mt. St. Helens, I am now thinking it would have been fine to work it anyway...you read how we barely saw the rim of the crater. But, what's done is done. I won't be taking time off now for quite some time. I will be going salary as of Sept 1st, with a week paid vacation, so I am going to use those days wisely!!! I will use maybe one when my parents are here, and my sister, and save the rest for a vacation to Texas (or somewhere).

I have the Race for the Cure coming up next month. I am very excited. This is my second year walking and I am pleased to say that my Mamasita-in-law will be joining Jill and me. I was thrilled when she said she'd come!!! I wish we could make it a "sisters" trip for all the women in my family some year. Kev's mom and her sisters do trips every year (several times usually), where they get together and have a great time. I would love it if we could convince them, as well as my mother and sister and sis-in-law, to come here one year to walk in the Race!!! Hmmmm, got my brain working.

I got my hair cut this weekend. OMG!! The woman worked miracles! I feel like I have thin hair. She is the woman Jill goes to, whose hair I have been loving lately, and so I thought I would give her a try. I was not dissappointed at all. Suzette is a wonder. I guess she trained my last stylist (who is now just going to school and not trying to do everything). Things are good.

As exciting as this post is, I must tear myself away and finish my paperwork.

No comments: