Sunday, April 30, 2006

i'm sure i'll be hearing

Kev hasn't spoken with his buddies lately, but if I don't post soon, I'm sure I'll be hearing, "Tell Shannon she needs to update more often." Yeah, well, sometimes life happens and you just don't think about the blog.

Last night I met my dear friend Jenn (she's the knitting friend) for drinks after work. We chatted about all kinds of things. Then, she took me to the pottery studio where she's taking classes. She's a very experienced potter, but will take classes so she can make things and fire them since she doesn't have a kiln set up right now at her house. She's looking to make her basement into her studio in the future, but for now, she'll just take workshops and use their kilns.

After we went there and pulled some of her vases that had been bisqued and put them into her locker so she could go glaze them today, we went back to her house and watched silly tv and chatted even more. She gave me an amazing mug she'd made for me, well, it was the one she was thinking of me while she glazed it, but she gave me the choice of it or a few others. I chose it. (I was going to put up a shot of it, but the camera is full of a video of Chloe being nuts this morning). Jenn then took me home where I found Kev online playing some computer game that he'd been playing all night when I called to check in (not in the sense of "I have to check in because it's the rules" but more in the "I'm going to call him and bug him because I know he's playing that damn game and when he hears my voice he dies" sense).

Today was a lovely day starting with a haircut with Jill and then we went to the new DSW (that's Designer Shoe Warehouse) where she got a great pair of avocado and orange wedge T-strap sandals and some Teva flip flops and I got an amazing pair of navy blue wedges. We left there and picked Kev up from work. He and I then zipped home so we could change and meet Shannon and Kiley out for sushi. Yum!

Now we're sitting around (we already took Josie to the park and ran like crazy people while she would zip between the two of us) and that is the plan for the night!

Happy weekend, all!

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

It was a great weekend, particularly to get a phone call from our daughter. That always makes our Sunday complete.