Saturday, January 21, 2006

here you go!


hat
Originally uploaded by chlortence.

Okay, so here it is...finished product. I love it. It's big enough for my large head (Jenn gasped when she measured it actually). Jill tried it on and it's so damn cute on her too. I'm sensing another hat project in the NEAR future! :)

Jen, thanks for the tips in the last comments! Actually, they made a ton of sense to me! I already use wooden needles (will never use anything else if I can help it), tried my best to not tighten the stitches when I got to the dp needles, and the crochet hook tip...TOTALLY can see it! :) I've got a pretty good imagination and you describe things well! I only had to rip about an inch out (yes, I'd gone that far without really catching on...d'oh!).

So, how'd I do?

8 comments:

PlazaJen said...

IT'S AWESOME! Love the color. What's the yarn? Great job!!!

Jack K. said...

You look Marvelous!!! It must be the hat? I don't think so. You make the hat look good. Knitting has got to be a really good addiction.

It is funny how when you walk by something in the store and it shrieks at you, "TAKE ME HOME!!!" We have come home with things because of that. Remember Gerard? The giraffe? He lives with Jacob now, back in PA.

Love,

Dad

shannon said...

Jen, it is from Tahki Yarns...the label says "Baby" on it. It's 100% merino wool. It was fast to work with! :) With 15 gauge needles...

Dad, thanks! I do remember Gerard and seeing him at Jacob's. LOL

We're going to maybe stop by a shop today and pick out yarn for Jill's hat (although my friend Jenn is using the needles next for her big chunky hat so I'll only be able to get the yarn for Jill today...unless, she's getting the needles on Tuesday...I could have time!!)

k said...

it's gorgeous, Shanny! I'm doubly envious because A) I want to learn how to do it and B) it's so rarely ever cold enough to even dream of wearing a hat.

bronxbt said...

jack rocks.
jack knows "knitting compliments"
jack knows best... always compliment the daughter!!!

Looks marvelous... oh, and the hat's not bad either.

(still waiting for pie..)
mr puddins

bronxbt said...

har har, you wrote "who're" on my site instead of "who'se..." I'm telling your dad.

Chickie said...

How cute and cozy you look!

shannon said...

kerri- thanks. it's really easy and the next time we get together...i'll show you!

bronxbt- yeah dad is pretty damn cool! and who're as it who ARE you weird-o!

chickie- thanks sweets it's crazy cozy!