Thursday, November 17, 2005

happy birthday my dear one

I got a call yesterday while at work:

"Hello me!" (it says my name on our caller id at work when he calls since it's my name on the bill from Cingular)

"Hey."

"Whatcha up to?"

"Well, Kiley called."

"Yeah, what show is he taking you to and when?"

"Ummm, he had an extra ticket for Death Cab for Cutie...tonight."

"You sooooo suck. Do you know how much you suck? You are the suckiest suck that ever sucked!" (or something like that)

Laughing, "It's for my birthday."

Like that is supposed to make it all better.

"Okay. Have a good time. Oh, and dear?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't even think of calling me from the show when they are playing my favorite songs! I will hurt you if you do."

laughing from him as well as the customer who is in the store at the time.

So there you have it, he went to a concert last night, without me, for his birthday. Tonight he is working. Tomorrow he is working. Saturday is dinner with friends, but not really with his birthday in mind, just dinner.

Oh, and in case you are wondering..."I" got him a couple of video games (I know, real shocker) for his Nintendo DS. He got some wireless thing too. Now he can play Mario Cart with people around the world!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I want to play Mario Kart with him. My screen name is Bekah!

Chickie said...

I must jump on the DS bandwagon...

Jack K. said...

You could have short sheeted the bed, but then you would have had a problem too. Ah well, he owes you very BIG time. He may never pay this one off, at least until next year.

I suppose the concert was only for that night and it was a good one.

You could "misplace" the gifts for a while.

How mean can I get?

bronxbt said...

he does suck major musical monkey butt. I woulda taken you.. or hell... you're a size six now dear - I coulda put you in a pocket or something! no one woulda known!
bwa hah ahhaaaaaaa.

Um. sorry. it's friday and I'm all giddy.

Persico said...

Mmmmmm Deathcab.