Sunday, September 04, 2005

my fingers, are prunes

We'd gone to Cost Co some weeks ago (we go just about every week, but that's neither here nor there) and purchased a very cool bathroom faucet. When we bought the house a couple of years ago the couple who owned it previously had done some very nice renovations to the bathroom, but we have never really been all that enamored with the faucet. While perusing the aisles of Cost Co we stumbled across this really cool, modern, brushed nickel faucet. We figured since the box said "easy to install" it would be. Well, I never got the chance to really see because the old one, NOT easy to uninstall. I lacked the proper tools to get the hot and cold levers (whatever you call the things that when you turn the water comes on) out. So, imagine if you will, me sitting on the floor with various parts strewn about from the faucet, fighting with a calico cat who is determined to drink the water that I'd collected in a pan as it dripped out of the hoses, while trying not to scream bloody murder because I lack the space to really get in there and DO. I've gotten about 85% of the thing taken apart when I realize I can go no further. GRRRR. So I back track and put the damn thing back together with the old fixtures. In the grand scheme of things, we (read I) have decided to leave the old fixture because we're only going to be here maybe another 3 years and since we've lived with it for the last 2 years I'm confident we can make it through the next 3 with a fixture that leaves me feeling a bit "meh".

Now I am sitting here, pondering how I'm going to get a certain someone enthused about getting off the couch and helping me prepare the bedroom for paint...I'm thinking it's not going to happen since that certain someone is asleep.

joy

1 comment:

Persico said...

The "meh" reaction is never something to be reckoned with. I believe it is worse then "eh" or "blah". All of which I frequently use.