Saturday, August 20, 2005

i'm am not even kidding

Last night we had a bit of excitement around the neighborhood (give you a guess at which neighbors). At about 11:00 the house across the street (where the two had been in front of yelling at each other [whom I'd assumed were yelling at my next door neighbor but now am thinking differently]), anyway a man and a woman started just screaming at each other. She was so loud but we couldn't really make out any of what they were screaming about. It stopped after a little, but I was this close to calling the cops.

But wait, the saga continues!

At 1:00 they started up again. This time there was a loud bang (not a gun shot, but possible someone being slammed up against something) as well as her saying "just leave me alone." This time, I called. I am through with that shit. These are the people we've been nice to and allowed them to borrow our lawnmower because it's the neighborly thing to do. It stopped last night.

I allowed myself to get freaked out because the cops rolled up (two cars, three dudes) and came to our house to ask which house it was. You can't see our front stoop from anywhere but the window in their garage (which Kev and I'd seen a light on just moments before the cops showed up). So with my wild imagination I had concocted this whole scenario where they saw me motion towards their house and they come to retaliate. I didn't sleep for shit last night. I am sooooo damn tired right now I think I may have to opt for MANY coffees today. At least at 3 I have a coworker coming in (not the flake, she called this week to ask if she could NOT work the last two Saturdays because her boyfriend...yadda yadda yadda. I told her that was fine). But there is a girl coming from our outlet who will be working downtown once a week. I just hope she can make it, she didn't call which was what she was supposed to do yesterday if she couldn't rearrange her schedule.

Okay, I ramble now. I need to shower, eat and consume MUCH coffee.

3 comments:

PlazaJen said...

Much badness! Always call the police. Always. And good call on the no-longer-lending-stuff policy. Chances are they'll never acknowledge that the cops came to your house, but you can always answer any questions with, "Yes, they did, because they were responding to a report of screaming & making noise in the area. Did they come to your house, too?"
I'm rather grateful our "bad" neighbors just keep to themselves with their drunkenness. I'd suggest they all go live together in one place so the rest of us can have peace, but that'd be in violation of my ACLU cardholder belief system. Viva la Coffee!

shannon said...

You are brilliant! I hadn't even thought of that idea!!! :) I also want to start an ordinence that says people who smoke have to do so on the south and east sides of teh streets (or something like that) because I'm sick of walking behind people who are poluting my lungs...I try to walk around and am just smacked head on by someone else's second hand smoke.

Viva La Coffee!

Adrianne said...

Everyone has a neibhor like that. And yes we call the cops on them to. More than likely they won't figure out that it was you that called because they are to wrapped up in their own problems. Rest easy.