Thursday, July 24, 2003

Hello all! I have decided that instead of emailing all of you individually I should create a blog to keep you all updated on the house and what is going on in our lives. I will try to update this often, yet not ramble on as I am prone to do...hush you!

So here I go...

As you all know Kev and I have bought our first home. YEA! We did it in record time, we saw the house on a Saturday night online, Sunday drove by, Monday got agents, Tuesday saw it in person and made the offer, and Wednesday had said offer accepted. We don't like to beat around the bush at all!!

That was back spanning from May 31-June 4th. It is now the 24th of July and we are almost ready to move in. Before I go there, here is what we have been up to this past weekend, the 19th and 20th.

There once was a kitchen that had pickle green washed cabinets, unfinished beadboard, mint green back splash...the list goes on... We decided we wanted a white and yellow kitchen. After about two coats of yellow, above the beadboard, and four coats of white (yes, we primed first), we have just that. Although we are now working on the cabinet doors. How long will this take us? Nobody knows.

I will upload pictures, once I learn how to do it...before and after.

We have a "bark mulch" bedroom and family room (the "cave"). It is actually a beautiful color that does not make everything look dark...again, pictures to come soon.

I still have the solar system painted on my sewing room's ceiling, but that is something to contend with in the future.

Speaking of the future, I will write more then.

No comments: